Adirondack Park and Finger Lakes RV Adventure Guide
New York's Adirondack Park is immense. In fact, it’s greater in size than Yellowstone, Everglades, Glacier, and Grand Canyon National Parks combined.
Created by New York in 1892, it is a constitutionally protected “Forever Wild” area and contains 85% of all wilderness in the eastern United States.
Of the Adirondack Park’s 6 million acres, 2.6 million acres are owned by New York State. The remaining 3.4 million acres are privately owned.
As such, the Adirondack Region is the largest publicly protected area in the contiguous United States. It is also home to 105 towns and villages.
There is often a misperception that the Adirondack Park is a national or state park, yet the region’s mix of public and private land allows for conservation and civilization to thrive.
There are about 3,000 beautiful clean lakes in the region, surrounded by lush forests and dozens of small charming towns to visit.
This ebook is a seven day guided exploration of New York's Adirondack Park and Finger Lakes.
We provide a suggested route and itinerary, links to multiple campgrounds and boondocking spots, and the best spots to see along the way.
Don’t plan your trip to Upstate New York without it!
You can hit everything in seven days, do a whirlwind weekend tour, or you can take your time and explore the area over a few weeks.
Each stop is a curated view of the best things that we’ve enjoyed on this trip and want you to experience.
IN THIS GUIDE WE COVER IN DETAIL:
- The documents you’ll need to purchase to have access to New York State Parks
- The Ausable Chasm and the greater Lake Champlain area including commercial and NY DEC campgrounds, boondocking spots, scenic and historic areas, and local tips
- What you need to know for Upstate NY’s Finger Lakes including local tips, amazing waterfall hikes, commercial campgrounds, NY State Park campgrounds, and boondocking spots
- Lake Placid and the High Peaks Area including commercial and NY DEC campgrounds, things to do, local tips, and hikes in the area
- Saranac Lake and Tupper Lake areas including commercial and NY DEC campgrounds, good day hikes, and scenic areas to visit
- Letchworth State Park including commercial and NY State Park campground options, scenic views, and waterfall hikes
- The greater Lake George area including commercial and NY DEC campground options, historic areas, and local tips
- The Blue Mountain Lake and Raquette Lake area including NY DEC campgrounds, scenic hikes, and local tips
WHAT THIS DIGITAL GUIDE ALSO HAS TO OFFER
Get Community Training Support
You'll be able to ask us your questions or post feedback in our Facebook group. Learn from the other RVers in the RV Lifestyle Group.
Fully Packed With Detailed Pictures and Instructions
This is a fully designed and edited guide that you can download and start reading immediately on your phone, tablet, computer or e-reader.
PLEASE NOTE: This is NOT a printed, hard copy guide. If you're interested in a hard copy, the guide is formatted to be extremely printer-friendly and you have the ability to print out at home or in an office supplies store.